In this 4th installment of The BoiseCoffee Podcast I talk about cold brew coffee – what it is, how you make it, and why it’s suddenly become a cultural phenomenon this summer. For a quick guide on brewing, check out this post from earlier this summer.
I recommend using the Toddy Cold Brew system, available on Amazon here. Alternatively, you can use the French Press method or simply a mason jar with cheese cloth.
To read more about the $9 million that Bulletproof Coffee scored to launch their brick-and-mortar stores, check out this report from Fox.
The music used in this podcast is from the Free Music Archive. The songs are Strong Black Coffee by Jared Mees & The Grown Children and Loaded by The Losers.
Read my full review of Green Alert here, and support them on Kickstarter here.
Want to share your cold brew recipe or learn more about how to brew in a Toddy? Leave a comment on this post or hit me up on Twitter, Facebook, or Tumblr. Have an awesome week!
The Coffee Guy
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |
Every September big name stores and local coffee shops alike celebrate National Coffee Day – and this year is no exception! Below is a list of stores and franchises offering specials today only. Happy National Coffee Day!
1. Peet’s Coffee and Tea
Buy any two coffees or espressos for the price of one.
2. LaMar’s Donuts
Get a free coffee with a purchase of one donut.
3. Krispy Kreme
Free coffee, straight up. No purchase necessary, but let’s be honest, you’re gonna get a dozen donuts.
If your Mickee Dee’s is still serving breakfast, get a free coffee with the purchase of a McMuffin.
5. Brooklyn Water Bagels
Get a free coffee with any purchase.
6. Dunkin Donuts
Get a cup of Dunkin’s newest coffee today. It will remain at a reduced price until October 5th.
7. Tim Hortons
Get any freshly brewed coffee for only $1.
Samples of The Green Siren’s newest “Anniversary” blend are free until noon.
9. Dutch Bros
Buy one coffee, get one free.
Free coffee, no purchase necessary.
Does your local coffeehouse have any specials? Comment below and let me know!
The Coffee Guy
Whether your Valentines Day is being spent with a significant other or alone with the new House of Cards season on Netflix, I’ve got great news: there are some awesome coffee deals to be had. The list below should help keep you on a great caffeine high throughout the day, at little or no cost.
- Starbucks is offering a buy-1-get-1 free deal on all lattes.
- The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf is having a buy-1-get-1 free on all drinks.
- Caribou Coffee is having a buy-1-get-1-free on all drinks.
- Dutch Bros. is using Valentines day to give back to local communities. Bring in canned food and make someone else’s Valentine’s Day! Bonus: free Dutch Valentines Cards here.
- While not exactly coffee, if you buy a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts, they’ll give you 12 Valentine’s Day cards – each good for one free donut! I hear these go great with a cup of joe.
- Lia Griffith is giving away some free printable Valentine’s Day coffee cup wraps. A nice last-minute touch to surprise your special someone in the morning.
If you find other freebies out there, feel free to comment and let me know. Have a great Valentines Day and enjoy your free coffee!
The Coffee Guy